About the Founder, Master Roy
( email@example.com )
Master Roy has been a full time martial arts instructor and school owner for over 40 years. He started his study of eastern philosophy and meditation in the 1960’s and continues today. He is a 7th generation Disciple in Yang Family Tai Chi Ch’uan (June 30, 2001), an 8th degree Black belt in American Karate (2009), 5th degree Black belt in Modern Arnis (1997), and Master instructor of Bagua Zhang, I Ch’uan, and several styles of Qigong.
Master Roy has been a lifelong musician, playing drum set and bass guitar in bands, and more recently he’s taken up guitar.An avid underwater photographer (JRRoyPhoto.com), he also enjoys motorcycling, sailing, down hill skiing, traveling, and hanging out with his wife Ginnie and his two fabulous grandkids!
Master Roy Offers Complete Instruction in:
- Yang Style T’ai Chi Ch’uan – Several methods of warm ups, solo form, weapons, push hands, the dance, two person sensitivity exercises.
- Several methods of Qigong – The 21, Wuji Hundan Qigong, The Wild Goose Qigong, Walking Qigong
- Standing meditation (I Ch’uan)
- Bagua Zhang
- American karate system
- Modern Arnis
- Weapons forms – cane, straight sword, single and double sabre, 6′ staff, spear, double daggers
Lessons by appointment only.
During winter months Nov-April, meeting at Hiles Avenue parking lot (on A1a, South Atlantic Avenue, near Mi Mexico Restaurant), then training on the beach.
- During the summer months May-Oct, meeting at the Greenfield Massachusetts J.R. Roy Martial Arts Studio or at Master Roy’s home in Leyden, MA.
- 2 hour session $135
- 3 hour session add $60
- add $50 for every hour thereafter
- Discounts: 50% for JRRMAS Staff, 25% for JRRMAS students, and 10% for members of the New Smyrna Beach Tai Chi and Qigong Association ($40/yr. membership).