We are very pleased to announce that we’ve started a gradual reopening of the studio beginning on June 8th. This reopening entails many procedural changes as well as still incorporating web-based classes until we are able to return to something that comes close to resembling normalcy.
Under phase 2 of the Massachusetts reopening plan, limited youth activities and personal trainers are allowed to operate in limited capacity. Due to restrictions, space in the room is limited. Please reach out to us to confirm your re-entry into the room. Online classes have unlimited space.
Live, online classes will continue as we will NOT be entertaining partner work for the foreseeable future. If you would like to continue to partake in the online format, the class structure will be the same for being in class as well. Feel free to continue training with us from the security of your home. All classes listed in the schedule below will be available in online format. If you would like the invite to these events, please email us
CLASS SCHEDULE CHANGES
We will still be adhering to social distancing guidelines, and as such, partner work is suspended. Class times will be an hour long until we can reintroduce partner work and are listed below. Note that the change in schedule for the Wednesday karate class has gone into effect. All other changes are in bold below.
- Modern Arnis – Monday 5:30 – 6:30pm and Wednesday 6:30 – 7:30pm
- Adult Karate – Monday 6:30 – 7:30pm and Thursday 6:30 – 7:30pm
- Youth Karate – Wednesday 5:30 – 6:30pm and Saturday 9:30 – 10:30am
- T’ai Chi – Thursday 5:30 – 6:30pm and Saturday 8:00 – 9:00am
SAFETY AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
Please reference the attached link for the full breakdown of policy changes, though below are some bulleted items to take note of:
- Due to current requirements, face masks must be worn in the studio
- The room itself has been marked off to give each student their own space
- Doors will be propped open so that handles do not need to be touched
- Cloth chairs in the studio will be replaced with metal for easy sanitization
- Wipe downs and sanitization will occur daily
- Fans will be running continuously to avoid stagnant air with windows open at all times
- Hand sanitizer will continuously be present
Regardless if you are able to return or not, we encourage you to maintain your practices while adhering to social distancing. The studio facebook page is being updated regularly with materials to reference for home practice and we encourage you to check in. You can check in at facebook.com/JRRoyMartialArtsStudio/