The formula that Jeff wrote out and gave to the baker to put on his wedding cake is the frequency of light in a plasma! Cool!!
Sharon M. and her fiance Chris visited the Studio this past Saturday morning. Sharon is an American Karate-do Black belt (second Dan) and former JRRMAS Staff member. Their baby (Aiden) is due in 4-5 weeks. Next time they visit they will have young Aiden with them!!
Eleven steps to maintaining a strong immune system during cold & flu season
The miserable symptoms of a cold or the flu are actually signs that your immune system is working to fight off the offending virus. You get a fever, for example, because your immune system’s cells work better at a higher body temperature, while germs don’t reproduce as well at higher temperatures. The swelling in your sinuses is due to the fact that armies of immune cells are rushing to the area to fight the germs. A runny nose allows your body to flush out germs along with mucus.
Your immune system is your best defense against infectious illnesses. Keep it in optimum shape with healthy-living strategies such as these:
1. Don’t smoke. If you already smoke, try to quit, even if you’ve been unsuccessful at kicking the habit in the past.
2. Eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and low in saturated fat.
3. Take a multivitamin if you suspect that you may not be getting all the nutrients you need through your diet.
4. Exercise regularly.
5. Maintain a healthy weight.
6. Control your stress level.
7. Control your blood pressure.
8. If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
9. Get adequate sleep.
10. Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
11. Get regular medical screening tests for people in your age group and risk category.
*copied from this months Havard Health publication
American Karate-do Black belts Jennifer L. and Sharon M. pose with one of our currently active Green belts Lily S.
I’ll be posting more wedding photo’s and perhaps a video or two from Jeff and Annette Levesque’s wedding on 10.11.09 in Binghampton NY to my personal blog at:
Yesterday, Jeff Levesque (AKS Black belt) and Annette Giuffrida were married. They met while at college at RPI where they both did their undergraduate studies. Jeff in physics and Annette in architecture. They currently live in NY City and will be leaving for their Honeymoon to New Zealand on Wednesday. Congratulation’s and best wishes to Jeff and Annette and their families!The wedding and the reception were just wonderful. It’s so great to see Jeff and Jennifer doing so well in life. Norm and Carol are so fortunate to have brought up such exceptional children …they have both turned out to be such great people and I know that that makes both Norm and Carol very happy.I have more vid’s and photo’s to come!
Second degree Black Belt staff member Jeff C. leads the adult Karate-do class through a round of Chinto Kata the fifth Kata in the system.